Civil & Commercial Mediation Training- CMC Registered
Mediation Training with NDR is about more than starting a new career. It is about learning a new way of approaching every aspect of your professional and person interactions and making a difference in peoples lives, all whilst learning from the leading provider in the UK
0% Finance Available
*You are now able to purchase any of our courses via 12 months interest free finance and pay nothing for the first 60 days. Just follow the book now link where you can choose finance as a payment option.
Taking place over 5 (or 4 days on our intensive weekend courses) on completion you will be an accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator; able to practice as such in both national and international disputes.
Our course will develop skills in mediation, but it will also teach you a different approach to dispute resolution as well as some powerful new persuasive communication skills. The course meets all the requirements of the core training for CMC registration and is delivered as a mixture of practical hands-on sessions and taught content, all delivered by experienced and skilled mediation trainers.
All of our mediation trainers are practising mediators and have carried out not just private mediation sessions but have advised, designed and run government mediation services including work for the Office of the Public Guardian, the Ministry of Justice and the Court of Protection. They bring not just experience but a passion for mediation and our courses are widely considered to be the best mediation training available.
As we do not make a profit on our mediation training we are able to offer significantly lower costs on our courses than many other providers; CEDR, Align mediation, Pro-mediate, London School of Mediation and UCLan.
When training with us, we provide far more than just a mediation course; you become a member of our family. How many other schools provide you with this level of onward support?
What skills will I learn?
The most obvious skill is to conduct Civil and Commercial Mediation sessions! but we offer more than that, new skills you can expect to learn include;
- Managing the mediation process effectively
- Refine and learn new negotiation techniques
- New communication skills
- New ways of discovering information from hostile parties
- Conflict resolution skills
- The psychology of dispute
- Act as an effective advocate in mediation sessions and ‘tricks’ we mediators use
Day 1: Setting the Scene
- What is mediation: The principles and practise of a mediation specifically in relation to traditional dispute resolution
- Overview of the mediation process: Learning the 5 stage mediation process
- The Joint meeting
- Early stages of caucus (Setting the scene)
- Rapport Building
Day 2: Exploring and the Middle Stages
- Middle stages of caucus (Exploring)
- Active listening and communication skills
- Mediation Ethics
Day 3: Concluding the Mediation
- Late stages of caucus (Negotiating)
- Concluding the mediation: The types of agreements available and the benefits of each.
Day 4: Putting it all together
- Free Practice: Taking a mediation the whole way through
- Mock Assessment
- Registering and working as a mediator
- Practical Assessment (4 day courses only): Externally assessed
Day 5: Assessment (Only applicable to 5 day courses)
- Practical Assessment: Externally assessed
© National Dispute Resolution LTD: 11592061 All Rights Reserved
+44 1274 754 000 or Clerks@NDR-UK.com